Commercial use of mazegenerator.net
This information was last updated 2018-02-24.
To use mazes from mazegenerator.net for commercial purposes you need a commercial license. By "commercial purposes" we mean that you plan to make money out of its use either directly or indirectly, e.g. through advertisement networks or by promoting other commercial products.
Why buy mazes from mazegenerator.net?
Time for the marketing talk... We believe there are a number of features that put together sets mazegenerator.net in a class of its own.
- You have pretty good control of the maze characteristics through the different settings available.
- The mazes you download as SVG or PDF files are all rendered as vector graphics meaning that they can be scaled up to any size without losing image quality. (Make sure that you use a good publishing tool that can read SVG files or take the vector image out of the PDF file so you do not lose this advantage.)
- All mazes you download from mazegenerator.net are generated with the help of a good random number generator which means that the maze you license have a good chance of being unique. The larger the maze the more probable it is that no one else has the same maze.
Different types of licenses
You can either license single mazes or buy a yearly unlimited license. If you plan to use 23 mazes or more during a year, the unlimited license will be the economic choice. When you license a maze for commercial use you also have the right to create derived work from it, i.e. you can modify it any way you like. The unlimited license allows you to download an unlimited number of royalty free mazes during the license period. If you decide not to renew the license when the license period expires you can continue to use the mazes you already have downloaded, but you are not allowed to download any new mazes for commercial use.
There are also two different levels of the licenses. One requires you to attribute mazegenerator.net, i.e. include the text "Licensed from mazegenerator.net" in connection with the mazes, and if they are made available in an electronic form the link has to be a clickable hyperlink to http://mazegenerator.net/. If you do not want to attribute mazegenerator.net there is another license without that requirement and, of course, a higher price.
The prices below are in Swedish Krona (SEK) and does not include VAT. The prices given in Euro (EUR) and US Dollar (USD) are only an indication based on todays exchange rate. The exact price in those and other currencies depend on your payment service's exchange rate at the time of payment.
|Individual mazes with attribution requirement, per maze:
|Individual mazes without attribution requirement, per maze:
|Unlimitied mazes with attribution requirement, per year:
|Unlimitied mazes without attribution requirement, per year:
- Prices are subject to change without prior notice.
- For customers in Sweden 25 % VAT will be added.
- For customers outside Sweden but within the European Union that do not provide us with a valid VAT number, your local level of VAT will be added.
- For customers outside Sweden but within the European Union that do provide us with a valid VAT number, no VAT will be added according to the "Reverse charge" principle.
- For customers outside of the European Union, no VAT will be added.
How to pay
We always send an invoice. There are multiple payment options, pick the one that works best for you:
- Bankgiro - If you are located in Sweden we can send a PDF invoice payable by Swedish Bankgiro.
- Wire transfer - If you are located outside Sweden and prefer wire transfer we will send you a PDF invoice that includes BIC and IBAN. By default, it will be in SEK but you can request it to be in EUR instead. In that case, the amount will be based on the exchange rate of the day of issue.
- PayPal - If you would like to pay with you PayPal account or by credit card, we will send you a PayPal invoice in SEK. PayPal will handle the currency conversion when you pay it.
How to order
Send an email to and tell us the following:
- The type of license you would like to order.
- Your name, physical address and, optionally, a company name you would like included on the invoice. (The only thing we will use the physical address for is our bookkeeping.)
- Your preferred payment method, see above.
- Your VAT number, if you have one.
We will then send you a PDF or PayPal invoice by email. The payed invoice is your proof of the license. If you need a specific proof of the license, please let us know and we will send you one after we have received the payment.
How do I download a licensed maze?
Exactly the same way as you do an unlicensed one. There is really nothing technically preventing people from downloading a maze and use it anyway they like. It is all about trust, if someone use a maze they downloaded for commercial purposes we trust them to contact us and pay for it. If we find that this trust is abused, we might seek legal action and/or add some limitations to the site. However, we very much prefer not having to do that, so please be honest.
If you still got questions, please email us at:
Return to previous page
Copyright © 2018 JGB Service